Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Our 1st Christmas



Our 1st Christmas as a married couple, and our first Christmas as a family. I woke up Christmas morning overjoyed. I looked over at my daughter and my husband, and cried. I woke Wade up and thanked him for being just the best husband, and the best father. Together we cried, and thanked God for how He has blessed us. Things have been hard for us this year, but they have also been so great. We have so much wealth in the things that are eternal, the things that give TRUE joy. I was so thankful all day, and feeling really emotional ( hello hormones!), and I just took every moment in. We had our own special time as our little family Christmas morning, and then we headed over to my sisters house. My dad had made pancakes, the boys were playing with all he presents Santa brought them and we were all enjoying the time. The night before we had so much fun opening presents. Financial strain has hit my whole family right now, and so our presents were small. You would think this would make things a little depressing, but it didn't. We were all so grateful for what we had, and happy to have each other.

Even if this year had been a year of great financial wealth, I don't think anything would have compared to the gift of baby Jesus to the world, and the gift of baby Capri this year.

This is one Christmas our little new family will remember forever.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

don't forget about the birth of zen baby. he rounds out the trifecta! :)

Skippin' Rope said...

awww what cute pictures of Capri!

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful Christmas! And such a year of eternal joys!

Your Christmas day sounds so superb and joyful! I'm glad you were able to be with your family!

Carrington said...

Aw, AND Zen baby... what a great year!

InTheFastLane said...

What a cutie!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, she is just precious! I bet she'd fit in that stocking! And our Christmas was the smallest yet best one ever. I imagine that is how it should be. I love you!

Steph

Unknown said...

I forgot to say, I don't think people realize how tiny her stocking is in real life. When she's next to it, it looks like a big normal stocking! You should take a pic of a quarter next to them to show scale or something. :)

I must see her in that dress in person, btw. So perfect!

Mimi's Toes said...

Your little angel is simply adorable! You did get the best gift you could ever receive this Christmas. You know, I agree with the saying that Less is More....We don't need a lot of gifts to unwrap to feel fullfilled...having our family around was the most important thing for me. It was perfect having everyone healthy and happy.

Haley said...

Love the photos of Capri! Also, your reflections about your family were very touching...glad tpo hear this "first" Christmas went well!

Anonymous said...

Oh she's just beautiful! I'm going to come back later to read all about her and her birth. I'm sick right now, but wanted to pop in real quick to see if pics were posted!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I didn't realize that this was your first Christmas as a married couple too. How exciting! :) I love the pics! She is precious!

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

I found you through Steph, wanted to see how Capri is doing, and to wish you a belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and this post just struck me. That is how I have felt since my last baby. I don't know if its birthing a girl or what, but I've just cherished EVERYTHING, EVERYDAY, drinking it all in, every last drop. Grateful sometimes is too little a way to explain it all, you know? So anyways, I just had to share my similar experiences with you, and to wish you a happy holidays :) She's so beautiful, you and your husband are truly blessed.