Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My next labor drug will slow your roll


A beverage company has come out with a new anti-energy drink called "Drank".

The carbonated, grape-flavored beverage is spiked with melatonin, valerian root and rose hips.

The company is marketing its product to the hip-hop community and the relaxed, anti-stress mentality that they promote. Their marketing line is "Slow your roll". However, I think this is totally off the mark, they need to market it to women about to give birth... and here is why....

When I was in labor with Capri I drank a teaspoon of Jagermeister (an old midwifery trick), to help relax me, and progress my labor. Jagermeister contains valerian root, so it is very good at relaxin' a momma. However, it has a black licorice, alcohol taste, that is not so appetizing to a woman in labor, ya hear me? I would much rather have a grape flavored, popsicle tasting drink to "slow my roll", kwim?

So with baby #2, I'm going to have some of this grape stuff in my bag of tricks, oh yeah baby.


post signature

5 comments:

Adventures In Babywearing said...

Oh funny! We will have to try this!

Steph

Jordan said...

Oh my gosh you are so ghetto

Erin said...

How funny! You're already thinking about baby #2

Lisa said...

That's funny. I don't think I could handle that drink. Although I do need to relax this week.

The Flip Flop Mamma! said...

Where did you find that?? I so don't need that drink, as I can fall asleep anywhere, anytime! But it sounds good!