Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Joy


My Sister sent me the link to an awesome post, and I really wanted to share it with you all.

It spoke to my heart, inspired and encouraged me, and I think it is a MUST read, so please go HERE, and take a look.

Here is a little clip:

And I wonder if our daily lives are characterized by as much joy and gratitude as we presume? Are those emotions something we believe in, give mental assent to…but rarely feel. I wonder if we don’t allow our well-being too often to be at the whim of mainly external factors. We rely, wait, on some outer emotional weather, our daily environment, to rain down some joy, shower us with happiness. Sadly, we let something of such paramount import as our daily joy to be unpredictable and fleeting, dependent on environmental happenings rather than a permanent, interior fixture of our being.

If we know gratitude bathes us in joy, why isn’t it a trait we nurture in our everydays, when there is no rain in the land? Why does joy seem more like an evasive mirage for most people, an oasis we rarely arrive at, put down roots and make our long term address?



post signature

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.... definitely makes you think. I think the Lord is trying to tell me something. I've heard this several times in the last month or so! God is definitely working on me!