Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It's been a long time...


I got an email from my best friend Jordan today...this is what it said.....
"Ok, it's been over 2 weeks and you haven't updated your blog. Get on it!"

Here is an explanation to my absence all in one sentence ready? Go! Sick, working, busy, cleaning, really fussy baby, valentines day, and SICK AGAIN!

So, as death comes over me right now (I have severe aches all over, congestion, sore throat, migraine, ewe, and it all started last night when I got home)... I will write a post, even if it kills me dangit!

Through the last two weeks, I have dreamt about amazing cool things to blog about, and I really did come up with some good ones. But, for these fantastic things to happen I have to have some sort of energy, including emotional energy, and I just don't, so you will have to check back when I am feeling better!

Anyway... this is whats new.....I've been going through a really big reflective time lately. It was sparked by a seminar at church called Discover. It was a whole day and was all about finding your spiritual gifts, personality type, and passions. It revealed a bunch of things I didn't know, and confirmed a lot of things I had always thought about myself. Part of the process is asking three people in your life to fill out this test about you, and its purpose is to affirm your spiritual gifts.
After taking the test, I scored high in a bunch of them... I asked Jen if it was because I was really gifted, or just distracted! She didn't really give me an answer, but thats okay, I ended up just focusing on my three highest: faith, wisdom and encouragement.
The encouragement one was obvious to me, my husband really eats it all up (just kiddin'), but he needs it, and tells me I'm great at it.
The other two, faith and wisdom were awesome to be affirmed for me.
I confess that there are things that I often feel I have wisdom on, things that I am passionate about, and I never share them, or talk about them. I think it is because I take it so personal when someone doesn't understand, when they don't get it, it hurts me. It seems so obvious to me, and yet they don't receive it, and I doubt myself because I feel like, how is it that I can be so certain and yet, I am the only one that gets it? I resorted to the fact of keeping this wisdom and faith in, and not sharing it. I thought "fine, who cares, I'll just keep it to myself". I realized though, that God didn't gift me for ME, He gifted me to edify the body of Christ, and to bring Him glory. I hadn't been a good steward of the gifts He has given me, and it was time to be confident and start sharing. Confidence... that was the largest change that came from that day. I had a talk with God and vowed to not hide behind a desire of wanting to be liked, but that I would be bold and confident and speak the truth He has revealed to me.

I've been so thankful that I have a place where I can share this stuff with you guys....here on my blog. So... you can expect a more confident me... with some powerfully wise and faithful posts!

Oh, and you know what my second highest gift was? Hospitality! Whoa dude, didn't even know I had this! I guess I was never old enough to have a nice place where I could "entertain", but the more I thought about it... this was totally me, its not just about my home, but I love making people feel "at home" with me, wherever we are!

Well, that is all I can muster up for now, but I promise to be back soon!

post signature

9 comments:

d.girl said...

It is so refreshing to find a place where God is glorified. You totally have my support and prayers as a sister in Christ. I will gladly visit often!

...hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! My baby isn't feeling well either...I hope you guys don't have the same yuckies! AND I hope you and him are all better by Thursday!

Self discovery is wonderful. I've been doing a lot of that lately too.

Unknown said...

Oh there'll be NO living with you now!

;)

Unknown said...

P.S. I think we need our mama!!

Carrington said...

Yes, we do.. mama can you hear me??? mama can you hear me??? come now!

Unknown said...

IT's ok, everyone hits the rookie wall at some point.

E said...

I hope you feel better!

Jordan said...

Yeah! You posted! Ha ha, I'm so excited! I totally understand your week, being sick and thinking of all these amazing things to post about yet not actually getting around to posting them, that's the week I've had too.
Thanks for posting, I love hearing what's going on in your life.

Lisa said...

Good for you! I've found myself in that place so many times. Even my closest friends wouldn't 'get' what I was so excited about God showing me. It does hurt and I tend to shut down and back off from people. Thanks for being honest and I hope your confidence rubs off.